Yesterday, I published an updated Full Scholarship List. I review the full list twice a year, basically summer and winter, to see what has changed.
The Full Scholarship List focuses on large scholarships offered directly by colleges, mostly full-tuition scholarships and full-ride scholarships. There are a lot of great opportunities out there for top students! And I know I haven’t even identified every great scholarship out there.
The Updated Full Scholarship List By the Numbers:
- 48 full-tuition scholarships that are automatic for National Merit scholars (finalists and/or semi-finalists)
- 32 full-ride scholarships that are automatic for National Merit scholars
- 23 competitive scholarships open to National Merit scholars
- 348 scholarships based on ACT/SAT scores, GPA, and/or other merit/leadership criteria
- 24 full-tuition and full-ride scholarships that are automatic for students having ACT scores of 30 or lower (minimum score varies by scholarship)
- 285 competitive scholarship opportunities with awards of at least 75% of the full-tuition cost
- 179 competitive scholarship opportunities that do not require a specific minimum ACT or SAT score or National Merit status
- 11 automatic scholarship opportunities that do not require a specific minimum ACT or SAT score or National Merit status (some of these are automatic for all valedictorians/salutatorians)
There are a lot of full-tuition and full-ride merit scholarships available to top students and I would argue that a strong student should never need to pay anywhere near full sticker price if he or she is willing to shop around for opportunities. Of course the reality is that it is usually the parents doing the shopping around!