Don’t Break the Budget on ACT and SAT Prep Resources
ACT and SAT prep resources can help your student be better prepared to take the tests and achieve higher scores. Some of these resources run into the hundreds and thousands of dollars. Does spending that much really result in a score increase that justifies the cost? I have not seen any data that supports this. I would argue that with enough time and discipline, your student can benefit just as much from low-cost ACT and SAT prep resources.
I have listed some great low-cost and free test prep resources below that I would encourage you to check out. You can also see the full range of ACT resources out there in my spreadsheet, ACT Prep Resources.
Low-Cost ACT Prep Resources
- Books – There are some great guides available through Amazon or your local bookstore including The Real ACT Prep Guide, Barron’s ACT 36 and Cracking the ACT.
- Official ACT Online Prep Program – $24.95 for a year of access
- YouTube – Type “ACT Test Prep” in the search box and you can choose from many different videos on ACT topics
- Free Online ACT Practice Tests – Available through sites like PowerScore
- Free Online ACT Prep Course through Number2.com
Low-Cost SAT Prep Resources
- Books – Some of the best ones include The Official SAT Study Guide, Cracking the SAT, and Kaplan SAT.
- YouTube – Type “SAT Test Prep” in the search box and you can choose from many different videos on SAT topics
- Free Online SAT Practice Tests – Available through sites like PowerScore
- Free Online SAT Prep Course through Number2.com
Are there others you have found? If so, please leave a comment with the details so that other parents can benefit from these great low-cost ACT and SAT prep resources!